On September 20, 1888, Cuyahoga Falls City Council passed resolutions authorizing the Falls Edison Electric Light and Power Company and J.A. Long, E.L. Babcock, and Samuel H. Eggs, et al, the right to erect pole lines for the purpose of supplying electric street lighting. Please join us on September 21, 2013 as we celebrate our 125th Anniversary.
The Cuyahoga Falls Electric System will conduct a raffle and 125 winners will be selected randomly from all entries received by the deadline. Prizes will be from an array of energy efficient products. Raffle entry forms will be available in the Falls News Press on September 8 and 15. Forms are also available on the Electric Department’s city web pages at www.cityofcf.com/electric, and at the Electric Department and Utility Billing.
The raffle drawing will be held at the 125th Anniversary Cook Out and Electric Building Tour. Not only will the visitors be treated to grilled hot dogs but informative tours will give customers an inside look at their Electric Department! Please join us at the Electric Building at 2550 Bailey Road for the anniversary festivities between the hours of 11AM and 1PM on September 21, 2013.