The Summit County Department of Building Standards (http://www.co.summit.oh.us/executive/bldgstds.htm) is responsible for all roles of building inspection, electrical inspection, HVAC inspection, plumbing inspection, plan review, permit writing, application for building trades and all other related functions for projects inside the city limits.
The City of Cuyahoga Falls will continue to handle the following:
- Zoning approvals including those needed for:
- Fences, signs, accessory structures (garages, porches, decks and pools), structure additions and new structures
- Point of sale inspections
- Flood plain administration
- Sewer tapper licences
- Moving of buildings
- Dangerous buildings
- Demolition of buildings
- Clandestine drug labs
- Sanitary, storm, and waterline permits
- Grading and paving permits
- Sidewalk, drive approach, and curb cut permits
- Street occupancy permits
The City will also continue to issue licenses for sewer builders and conduct plan review for right-of-ways. If you are required to register with the City please use the forms below. If you have any questions please call the Engineering Department at 330-971-8180. The City of Cuyahoga Falls City Ordinance states that all contractors must register with the the EngineeringDepartment before they do work inside city limits. Registration fees are $100.00 per listing (General Contractors, and Sewer Tapper).