The Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Center for residents of Summit County is located at 1201 Graham Road, next to the Carter Lumber store at the exit of Graham Road and State Route 8. The hours of operation are Thursday - 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This year the center will be open June 6, 2013 through September 26, 2013 (but closed July 4 for the holiday).
The recycling center will accept the following items without charge:
- Oil and Solvent Base Paint
- Stains, Shellac, Varnish and Wood Preservatives
- Roof Coatings, Driveway Sealers and Caulks
- Pesticides, Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides, and Poisons
- Fertilizers, Household Cleaners, Bleach, Acids, Caustics
- Pool Chemicals (Chlorine)
- Automobile Fluids, Used Motor Oil, Grease and Antifreeze
- Solvents, Thinner, Turpentine, Adhesive, Kerosene and Lighter Fluid
- Car/Motorcycle Batteries, Household Batteries (Alkaline/NI-CAD/Button)
- Mercury Containing Items
- Aerosol Cans, Barbecue Propane Cylinders, and Flares
There will be a $1.00 per tire charge for auto and light truck tires on or off the rim.
For more information contact the Sanitation Division at (330) 971-8010 or the Household Hazardous Wastes Recycling Center operated by the Summit/Akon Solid Waste Management Authority at (330) 374-0383.