Please avoid stepping on the vegetation.
For a few months after the restoration, the area around the creek will be sensitive while plants and shrubs become established.
Come to a volunteer planting event this fall.
Look for an announcement from the City in early October and sign up!
Please pick up after your pets.
Leashed pets are welcome in Kennedy Park, but their waste can pollute the creek.
Other things you can do:
- Plant more native trees in your yard to absorb rainfall.
- Direct rain from your downspouts into a rain barrel.
- Use less, or eliminate fertilizers and pesticides from your lawn.
- Maintain a strip of trees and shrubs along the stream bank, instead of mowing.
- Take your yard waste to the curb, instead of the stream bank.
Volunteers planting trees at restoration site