Beginning January 1, 2011 the City of Cuyahoga Falls Building Department will be transferred to the Summit County Department of Building Standards. The new location is 1030 E. Tallmadge Avenue, Akron, Ohio 44310. The phone number is 330-630-7280. Here is a link to their website: http://www.co.summit.oh.us/executive/bldgstds.htm
The Summit County Department of Building Standards will assume all roles of building inspection, electrical inspection, HVAC inspection, plumbing inspection, plan review, permit writing, application for building trades and all other functions previously performed by the City of Cuyahoga Falls Building Department for projects inside the city limits.
The City of Cuyahoga Falls will continue to handle the following:
- Zoning approvals including those needed for:
- Fences, signs, accessory structures (garages, porches, decks and pools), structure additions and new structures
- Flood plain administration
- Sewer tapper licences
- Moving of buildings
- Dangerous buildings
- Demolition of buildings
- Clandestine drug labs
- Sanitary, storm, and waterline permits
- Grading and paving permits
- Sidewalk, drive approach, and curb cut permits
- Street occupancy permits
We will also continue to issue licenses for sewer builders and conduct plan review for right-of-ways.